This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Windows Blog.
We’re extremely excited to announce the Windows Template Studio 1.2. What makes this release even more special is we’ve been accepted into the .NET Foundation! We are thrilled to be accepted in.
In this release, our major new feature is adding content into an existing application with Right-click add. We’ve grown up past only File->New
Full list of adjustments in the 1.2 release, head over to WTS’s Github.
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Add new content to existing WTS generated projects in your solution window via right-click
- We will be working toward seeing how we can enable this for non-WTS generated projects
- Adjusted ordering of templates based on popularity and logical groupings
- Under the hood, we’ve done a lot of work toward localization and started some accessibility improvements
- Simplified descriptions
- Logo adjustment to help at smaller icon sizes
- First-time load prompt
- What’s New prompt
- Upgraded references to UWP Community Toolkit 1.5
- Styling adjustments
- Template generation post-action improvements
- Added in pull request template
- Added in Issue template
How to get the update:
There are two paths to update to the newest build:
- Already installed: Visual Studio should auto update the extension. To force an update, Go to Tools->Extensions and Updates. Then go to Update expander on the left and you should see Windows Template Studio in there and click “Update”
- Not installed: Head to https://aka.ms/wtsinstall, click “download” and double click the VSIX installer.
What else is cooking for next versions?
We love all the community support and participation. In addition, here are just a few of the things we are currently building out that will in future builds:
- Fluent design in the templates
- Project Rome features as options for your project
- Ink templates
- Improved Right-click->add support for existing projects
- Localization in the wizard
- Full accessibility supported in both wizard and in the templates
- Visual Basic support
With partnership with the community, we’ve will continue cranking out and iterating new features and functionality. We’re always looking for additional people to help out and if you’re interested, please head to our GitHub at https://aka.ms/wts. If you have an idea or feature request, please make the request!
We are happy to say that we’ve been accepted into the .NET Foundation. Such great open source projects like .NET Core, Roslyn and UWP Community Toolkit are just a few of the projects there, and now Windows Template Studio will be there as well!