This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Teams Events Blog articles.
You have probably heard about Office 365 Communications Platform all along the week. It's now time to see what we can do with this platform. Taimoor has started by introducing the digital transformation helps by contextual communications. It's changing the way we collaborate and how we are talking with our customers.
Some years ago, these interactions were mainly around telephony, and it was the only way we discuss with our customers. This time is over, we need to take advantages of all modalities to create more powerful line of Business applications with Presence, IM, Audio, video and other services.
Microsoft's Platform offers lots of services and data to contextualize and make it intelligent
- Cognitive services: It's a powerful set of APIs to integrate AI in your application.
- Bot Framework / Azure Bot Service is a framework to build bots and connect it over different channels (Skype, Skype for Business, Teams, Bing, Cortana and so on)
- Microsoft Graph is also a set of APIs which is exposing Office 365 Services (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/)
- Azure IoT suite is a set of services to build and process data for iot devices
Office 365 Communication Platform was announced this week. You can find more information in the following session :
- Create new experiences with Office 365 Communications Platform (BRK2197)
- Dive deep on building apps and services with the Office 365 Communications Platform (BRK3037)
After this complete explanation of what is available to help the digital transformation, Taimoor explains some concrete examples:
- Use cognitive services with a bank account. Check your identity before a video conference
- Extract context and data of the document you are editing (through Microsoft Graph) and create Skype Conference
- Use bot framework to connect your customers and your employees through several channels : Facebook and Skype for business
He also dived deeper in specific topics:
- IoT: Connection between things and peoples
Analyze Data produced by iot devices to create preemptive maintenance: an alert is throwing, an agent is available on Skype for Business, he received an IM. If it is a critical incident, an audio call can also be used.
- Virtual Health: Extend care experience
A patient can be connected with his doctor directly in a web browser with audio, video. Each participant on both side keeps the context of communication.
- Internal: Reactive engagement to proactive engagement
Use Teams to post validation in a channel and help managers to be more reactive. An adaptive card shows quick actions (for example accept or deny expenses)
These examples are very interesting and demonstrate the power of communications and Microsoft platform brought together . As I said in a previous post, all the developers should check all the capabilities of Communication platform and services explained below. The main benefits for me are the direct impact of productivity and efficiency either on customer or employee part.