This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Xbox Wire.
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1806.180611-1920). Read on for more about the new feature, fixes and known issues in the latest 1806 system update.
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead users will notice an update to your dashboard as we test out bringing a new Xbox Game Pass tab to the Xbox Home screen, enabling easy access to the catalog. This tab does replace the Entertainment tab. We’d love your feedback as we evaluate and refine the experience. Let us know what you think!
- Fixed an issue in which some Apps would fail to launch until the console was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue where some users encountered an error when attempting to remove pins from Groups.
- Various localization fixes across the console.
Netflix Atmos Audio/Video Sync issues:
- Netflix has resolved issues with the following Atmos titles with audio lip-sync delay.
- Guardians of the Galaxy II
- Altered Carbon
- Fixed an issue in which browsing items in the Store would cause the Store app to crash.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- Fixed an issue in which broadcasting was not functioning correctly for all Games and Apps.
- Some users may notice that the online status of Friends is not updating correctly.
- Some users may encounter an issue where their Pins are not displaying artwork or are seeing a while tile instead of their profile color.
- Workaround: Please perform the following steps to fix the issue
- Open My Games & Apps
- Navigate to Groups tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Select Delete all groups
- Select Delete local groups
- The Groups tab in My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide, or you may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- Using special characters in Group names (e.g. &,”) causes issues during Group creation or using the “Add more” flow. Note: emojis are fine. This is being fixed in an upcoming build.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problem for investigation by performing a Full system software via the dashboard as opposed to just pressing the Xbox Power button.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
See the rest of the story on Xbox Wire
New Preview Beta 1806 System Update – 6/12/18
“Alpha – Skip Ahead” Ring Now Open to Alpha Xbox Insiders
New Preview Alpha 1806 System Update – 6/11/18