This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Xbox Wire.
November 7th : New Preview Alpha 1811 Update (1811.181105-1920)
HOW TO GET IT:
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 3:00 AM PDT 11/8/2018 (10:00AM GMT 11/8/18), you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: rs5_release_xbox_dev_1811.181105-1920
Available: 2:00PM PDT 11/7/18
Mandatory Date/Time: 3:00 AM PDT 11/8/18
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Beta and Delta Rings will begin receiving a new 1811 Xbox One system update (181104-1920). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1811 system update.
- Children signing up for new accounts will now be asked to add a parent only if required to by local privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR or COPPA). This means that some minors, like teens in the U.S., will no longer have to add a parent and join a Microsoft family during signup. Xbox privacy and online safety defaults will still be applied based on age, and in order to change those, the minor would need to add a parent on Xbox who can then change their settings. Minors not in a family can add a parent anytime in Settings > Account > Family settings > Add a parent. Joining a family would also allow the parent and child to use other family features like content restrictions, screen time, activity reporting, and spending.
- Children that are subject to local privacy regulations will still be required to add a parent during signup. While this will create a Microsoft family through which the parent can use family features like content restrictions, screen time, activity reporting, and spending, the parent will no longer be required to sign in on Xbox. If a parent wants to change their child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings, the parent can sign in separately on Xbox and manage their family in Settings > Account > Family settings.
- Existing child accounts are not affected by this change and will remain with their parents in their current Microsoft family.
Mouse & Keyboard Support
- We have enabled mouse support in this release. Please check out the Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to experience mouse and keyboard support in Warframe.
- The search function has been enhanced across the console and will now return responses from the Xbox Assist application for example to help with help, support and troubleshooting. Please check out the Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to help us gather feedback.
- Fixed an issue where achievements may not appear correctly in guide.
System – General
- General performance enhancements.
- Stability fixes to the platform.
- We are tracking audio issues in which some games have audio that cuts in and out.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
See the rest of the story on Xbox Wire
“Red Dead Redemption 2 Looks and Plays Best on Xbox One X”
Red Dead Redemption 2 Now Available on Xbox One
Gaming Gets More Inclusive with the Launch of the Xbox Adaptive Controller
Summer’s Heating up with Huge Savings During the Ultimate Game Sale
New Preview Beta & Delta Ring 1811 Update – 11/7/18
Play PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Free This Weekend
Celebrate X018 with Inside Xbox at FanFest: Mexico City on November 10