This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Xbox Wire.
Coming in hot!
HOW TO GET IT:
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 3:00 AM PDT 11/9/2018 (10:00AM GMT 11/8/18), you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: rs5_release_xbox_dev_1811.181107-1810
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/8/18
Mandatory Date/Time: 3:00 AM PST 11/9/18
Starting at 6:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha ring will begin receiving a new 1811 Xbox One system update (181107-1810). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1811 system update.
- Children signing up for new accounts will now be asked to add a parent only if required to by local privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR or COPPA). This means that some minors, like teens in the U.S., will no longer have to add a parent and join a Microsoft family during signup. Xbox privacy and online safety defaults will still be applied based on age, and in order to change those, the minor would need to add a parent on Xbox who can then change their settings. Minors not in a family can add a parent anytime in Settings > Account > Family settings > Add a parent. Joining a family would also allow the parent and child to use other family features like content restrictions, screen time, activity reporting, and spending.
- Children that are subject to local privacy regulations will still be required to add a parent during signup. While this will create a Microsoft family through which the parent can use family features like content restrictions, screen time, activity reporting, and spending, the parent will no longer be required to sign in on Xbox. If a parent wants to change their child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings, the parent can sign in separately on Xbox and manage their family in Settings > Account > Family settings.
- Existing child accounts are not affected by this change and will remain with their parents in their current Microsoft family.
Mouse & Keyboard Support
- We have enabled mouse support in this release. Please check out the Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to experience mouse and keyboard support in Warframe.
- The search function has been enhanced across the console and will now return responses from the Xbox Assist application for example to help with help, support and troubleshooting. Please check out the Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to help us gather feedback.
Unhide titles in My Games and Apps
- The sequence of keys to press to unhide titles from My Games and Apps has been changed:
- To Unhide items in you collection, press down on the left stick and hit ‘X’
System – Localization
- Fixed localization issues throughout the OS.
System – General
- General app stability
- We are tracking audio issues in which some games have audio that cuts in and out.
See the rest of the story on Xbox Wire
New Preview Beta & Delta Ring 1811 Update – 11/7/18
Celebrate X018 with Inside Xbox at FanFest: Mexico City on November 10
Surviving Mars’ First Expansion Coming to Xbox One November 15 with a Free Weekend