This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Identity is a fundamental and required part of the overall infrastructure for Microsoft 365 Enterprise. Without it, your users would not be able to sign in securely, you could not use groups to manage access to resources, and you could not impose requirements on users and devices to keep your organization and its Microsoft 365 subscription secure.
The identity infrastructure for Microsoft 365 can also leverage your existing on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) forest, which already has many directory objects for users and devices.
There’s a lot of identity services and features and multiple ways to leverage AD DS for authentication and security management in your subscription. To see the bigger picture of identity in Microsoft 365 Enterprise, get the new Identity infrastructure for Microsoft 365 Enterprise poster.
This two-page poster shows:
- The identity features that are in each Microsoft 365 Enterprise plan.
- How Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides Identity as a Service (IDaaS) for Microsoft 365 Enterprise and other cloud services.
- The overall identity infrastructure of a typical organization with an on-premises AD DS forest.
- The four key authentication infrastructure configurations, including cloud-only, hybrid with Password Hash Synchronization (PHS), hybrid with Pass-Through Authentication (PTA), and hybrid with federated authentication
- View the poster and click on the links to articles for more details.
- Download and print it in letter, legal, or tabloid (11 x 17) formats.
Use this poster for a quick ramp-up on the basics of identity in Microsoft 365 Enterprise and get your organization the strong identity infrastructure it needs to stay secure and support your productivity workloads.
Microsoft Senior Technical Writer