This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
We’re thrilled to announce that our new Humans of IT Community will replace the former Diversity and Tech community that we have all grown to know and love. Diversity and inclusion continues to be top of mind for the community, and our Microsoft Global Diversity and Inclusion (GD&I) team is best placed to facilitate important dialogue on this critical topic. We recommend checking out the GD&I website if you’d still like to get involved in this area and discover opportunities to participate.
Our new community will focus on empowering technologists like you – including both IT Pros and developers, many of whom are already part of this amazing community – to:
- Discover your tech superpowers – what are YOU doing to change the world?
- Hone your #LifeSkills on personal branding, public speaking and professional development
- Spotlight stories about tech in action in empowering humanity
Here's what is NOT going away:
- Community Mentors Program and our Community Mentors mobile app - you will still get access to the amazing platform of mentors and mentees around the world. Note: New members joining the platform as of September 26, 2019 may need to wait a week or so to join the app platform since this community is fresh off the press!
- Guest Blogger Series - we know you love the Guest Blogger series where we feature real #HumansofIT especially our MVPs, so you can expect the same great content in this community. Want to be a featured as #HumansofIT? Apply here!
We’re also thrilled to announce our extensive lineup of executive sponsors across engineering and the startup community, including Windows Insider Chief #Ninjacat Dona Sarkar, Microsoft for Startups leaders Chad Fowler, Annie Parker and more! These visionary tech leaders are committed to creating safe, inclusive spaces for technologists of all backgrounds to connect and learn vital human-focused skills from one another, so that collectively we can solve humanity’s biggest challenges through the power of tech.
Ready to change the world? Join us!