This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
A new vault icon should have recently appeared in your OneDrive personal account – maybe today? Did you click into it and give it a go? I’ve been using it for a few months now, and I’ll say this – try it. I used it most recently during travel with my kids to Ireland, to scan all our passports. And it gave me peace of mind, and ease of use when needed – secure behind the second step of authentication: my individual fingerprint (I use a Pixel 3 XL running OneDrive app for Android).
OneDrive Personal Vault, now generally available, is a protected area in OneDrive that gives you an added layer of protection for your most important files, photos, and videos—for example, copies of documents such as your passport, driver’s license, or insurance information—should someone gain access to your account or device. And you can quickly access all on your PC, OneDrive.com, or your mobile device.
In this episode, we chat with Ryan Hoge (Group Program Manager; Microsoft), Paul Diamond (Product Manager; Microsoft) and Chris Leadley (OneDrive personal user), diving into common OneDrive Personal Vault use cases, the approach to security in OneDrive all up, Chris Leadley’s real-world experience during preview, and the overall approach to design usability with security in mind.
OK, let’s open the vault (episode) and hear from our experts …
Link to articles mentioned in the show:
- Hosts and guests
- Articles and sites
- “OneDrive Personal Vault and expandable storage now available worldwide” (GA blog; 9/30/2019)
- Primary SharePoint Conference 2019 resources
- Microsoft Docs - The home for Microsoft documentation for end users, developers, and IT professionals.
- Microsoft Tech Community Home
- Stay on top of Office 365 changes
- Get started with Office Online in Office 365
- SharePoint Saturdays | @SPS_Events
- Microsoft Ignite - November 4-8, Orlando, FL https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ignite
- Microsoft Ignite | The Tour (various cities worldwide)
- ESPC, European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference - December 2-5, Prague, Czech Republic (@EuropeanSP)
- Microsoft Build - May 19-21, 2020, Seattle, WA https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/build
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners and SharePoint users (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and productivity. And we will do this, together, one vault episode at a time.
The Intrazone links
- Show page https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone
- Apple Podcasts https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-iTunes
- Google Play Music https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-GooglePlay
- Spotify https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-Spotify
- Stitcher: https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-Sticher
- Overcast: The Intrazone on Overcast
- RSS https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-RSS