This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Core Infrastructure and Security Blog articles.First published on MSDN on Oct 03, 2015
Note: for the purpose of this blog posting i have created a Folder called "SPF2013" which includes all Prerequisite software including the SharePoint Foundations installation file. Additionally i have a folder i named "core" which includes the unpacked files.
Continuation from SharePoint Foundations 2013 Offline Part 1 ( Download all Prerequisite software )
Open up Power Shell and change directory to the location of the "prerequisiteinstaller.exe" file which would have been unpacked from the "sharepoint.exe" file if you have not done this yet please unpack the "sharepoint.exe file before continuing.
- Just in case you skipped the first part of this blog Series which can be found here , verify that you have all SharePoint Foundations 2013 SP1 Prerequisite Software downloaded and have verify that the following Roles and Features have been installed.
- Application Server
- Web Server (IIS)
- .Net Framework 3.5 Features (Verify installed, installed if not)
- Windows Identity Foundation 3.5
- It may be easier to copy the Folder containing all the Prerequisite files to the root of the C Drive. Verify that the folder called core is within the SPF2013 folder, inside the Core folder should be the unpacked sharepoint.exe files.
- Now Navigate to the folder where the Prerequisite Software is located.
In the following order install the Prerequisite Software
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5 ( This is probably already installed but run the install it will not install if already installed. )
Windows Management Framework 3.0
- If you are installing on Server 2012 or Server 2012 R2 you may not be able to install and you will receive an error, proceed to next step.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Native Client
- Windows Identity Extensions
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.0
- WCF Data Services 5.6.0 RTM Tools Installer
- Sync Framework
Open Up PowerShell, if you placed the SPF2013 folder at the root of C and the Core folder is in the SPF2013 Folder
- Type in the Following Command
- cd C:\SPF2013\Core
now Type the following command in PowerShell
- .\prerequisiteinstaller.exe /appfabric:c:\SPF2013\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe
The Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool should now be presented
- Click on Next
- The Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool will begin to Install and configure the AppFabric software as well as verify that all other prerequisites have been installed..
The Server may require a reboot After the Server reboots the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool will continue to install and configure prerequisites.
- Note: You may be presented with an error, this is due to the cumulative update "AppFabric1.1-RTM-KB2671763-x64-ENU" is not installed.
- Navigate to the location where you have the prerequisite software and install the AppFabric cumulative update "AppFabric1.1-RTM-KB2671763-x64-ENU"
Once the update is complete i know it appears to be redundant but open up Power Shell and rerun the following command
- \prerequisiteinstaller.exe /appfabric:c:\SPF2013\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe
- Let the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool run through the Prerequisite installation and configuration again.
- There may be another reboot with the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool continuing after server reboot.
after a few moments you should finally get the Installation Complete Window.
- Click on Finish
- Reboot the server ( If the reboot is not completed you may not be able to Install SharePoint Foundations 2013 until the Reboot has been completed. )
- You are now ready to install SharePoint Foundations 2013 Sp1