This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Excel Blog articles.
We are excited to announce a new way to create impactful Visio diagrams from your data directly in Excel with the public preview of the Visio Data Visualizer add-in. Use the add-in to create flowcharts, cross-functional flowcharts (or Swimlane diagrams), and organizational charts. All you need to get started is an Office 365 subscription—no Visio subscription is required.
Learn more about the detailed scenarios and find additional resources in the public preview announcement blog on the Visio Tech Community.
Get a quick overview of the add-in the video below.
Try the add-in now
You can use the add-in in Excel for Windows (2016 or later), Mac (2016 or later), or the web, in three simple steps:
- In a new workbook, click Insert > Get Add-ins.
- In the Office Add-ins Store, search for “Visio Data Visualizer" and click Add. If you see a security message regarding the add-in, select Trust this add-in.
- Sign in with your Office 365 subscription account.
- The add-in currently only supports English.
- When using the add-in in Excel for the web, please ensure that third-party cookies are enabled in your browser.
- We recommend using the add-in on the latest Monthly Channel (Targeted) build for the best experience.
Support and feedback
Access additional support and send us your feedback directly from the add-in by clicking the ellipses and clicking Help or Send feedback.
Shashank Gandhi is a Program Manager on the Visio team.