This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
In this Theater Session Ståle Hansen and Marten Hellebro showed how to deploy and use an Azure-based Session Border Controller (SBC) with Microsoft Teams in just 20 minutes.
The provided checklists showed the easiness of deploying a cloud-based SBC and help you to understand the technical requirements when moving your Voice-over-IP traffic to the cloud.
Ståle Hansen and Marten Hellebro live on stage
Before you start
There are some requirements before you can start deploying an Azure-based Session Border Controller for Microsoft Teams.
You need to
- have an active Microsoft Azure subscription
- have access to your Cloud service and permission to create Routing Groups
- plan the Azure networking
- know about Direct Routing networking
- get the required TLS certificate
- add the PSTN gateway using Skype for Business Online PowerShell
Find your SBC in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
After deploying your Azure-based Session border controller you must configure the virtual device using the following simple steps:
- If using Audiocodes you can use the deployment checklist by MVP Shane Hoey
- Import TLS certificates
- Add the required SBC DNS records to your public DNS zone
- Validate SBC settings
- Optimize your dial plans in Teams using https://www.ucdialplans.com/
After attending this theater session I will start a trial setup of an Azure SBC. I like the solution approach provided by Ståle and Mårten as it focuses on the "do it and try it" portion of the deployment. Both speakers did an awesome job in demoing the SBC deployment and explaining such a complex topic in just 20 minutes.
Find more information on Azure SBC and Direct Routing here:
- Customized Direct Routing Design for Microsoft Teams
- List of Session Border Controllers certified for Direct Routing
- Configure Direct Routing
Find the session information here.
About the Speakers
- Ståle Hansen
Ståle Hansen is the Founder and Principal Cloud Architect at CloudWay. He is awarded as Microsoft Regional Director and Office Apps and Services MVP with over a decade of experience with Skype for Business and is now focused on hybrid Office 365 and Microsoft Teams. (Read more)
- Marten Hellebro
Mårten Hellebro is a Senior Cloud Architect at CloudWay. He is an Office Apps and Services MVP focusing on Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. Mårten has extensive experience in the Enterprise Voice area and as a lead architect, he has done several Office 365 Cloud Voice implementations in the Nordics. (Read more)