This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Standing-room-only sessions. Nonstop booth traffic. A packed meeting schedule with prospective customers and partners. For our team, Ignite 2019 demonstrated how deeply the Microsoft Managed Desktop vision for secure, modern, and fantastic device experiences has taken root among IT professionals and tech leaders.
As promised, we have prepared a roadmap for IT pros, developers, and security experts who want their organizations to pursue Microsoft Managed Desktop as a path to the Modern Workplace. This guide should help you secure organizational buy-in, investigate our solution, and get your systems ready for modern management.
To get your business or technology leadership excited about Microsoft Managed Desktop, you might start with these introductory materials about the service features and benefits. For skimmable content that highlights key features and benefits, check out our datasheet and our introductory e-book, “Delight your company with a modern workplace.”
- We also have several short, engaging videos that explain Microsoft Managed Desktop at a high level. You can build cross-organization support by sharing these videos with sales, HR, or other business unit leads who might rally around the vision of frictionless device experiences.
- This introductory video helps busy executives visualize a modern workplace where devices are secure, modern, and backed by Microsoft.
- This animation can get anyone excited about what a fantastic device experience should look like.
- This customer video shows how Microsoft Managed Desktop is empowering a 7-person IT organization to delight users and solve core business challenges.
- If you’re targeting an exec who is tech-savvy, enjoys basketball, loves state fairs, or has an off-kilter sense of humor, you’re going to want to share this episode of The Shiproom.
To help business decision-makers recognize ways outdated tech is holding back the entire organization, check out our blog.
- Bill Karagounis has contributed some compelling posts exposing why legacy tech is corrupting workplace device experiences, and why outdated security compounds the problem.
- Our “Ask the Expert” series features insights from visionary tech and business leaders reflecting on digital transformation in their organizations – and how Microsoft Managed Desktop is accelerating the journey.
- Forthcoming posts will shed light on our approach to key commitments of Microsoft Managed Desktop, such as data protection, application compatibility, and more.
Learn the basics
If you’re ready to dig into the nuts and bolts, you’ll find all the latest details on our docs site. Start with our service overview, which covers the basics and provides intuitive links to help you find what you need.
Check out Microsoft Managed Desktop and ITIL to understand which parts of the standard IT service model Microsoft Managed Desktop covers, and which you’ll continue to manage (or source through a partner). You’ll also find information regarding the division of responsibilities within Microsoft Managed Desktop.
For fundamentals of modern management, application development and security, our Ignite session planner has plenty of useful links. Session recordings should be online – all you need is a TechCommunity membership to gain access.
Build a business case
If you need to justify modernization as a priority for your organization, check out the Forrester thought leadership paper showing sky-high market demand for managed desktop services – and the benefits organizations expect to realize. That should intrigue any leader striving to outpace the competition.
Bill Karagounis’ session at Ignite featured jaw-dropping data showing employee engagement benefits that accompany device performance improvement for Microsoft Managed Desktop customers. Watch our blog for more details on the Qualtrics survey data Bill shared.
It’s worth noting that the featured customer in Bill’s session – Lloyds Banking Group – is highly regarded as a conservative, stable giant in a regulated industry. Subscribe to our blog for more details on Lloyds and other featured customers in the coming weeks and months.
You should know, it’s never been easier to transition to Microsoft Managed Desktop. New programs and partner support solutions are available to accelerate customer transitions – contact your account team or Microsoft Managed Desktop rep for more details.
If you’re planning to replace user devices anytime soon, select from the newest models on our list of devices we’ve to deliver fantastic experiences with modern management. Not only will you be able to transition those devices to Microsoft Managed Desktop seamlessly, but you can reduce your immediate workload of device research.
Get in touch
If you’re not already working with a Microsoft Managed Desktop expert, reach out to your organization’s Microsoft account team – or better yet, contact us so we can let them know you’re interested.
Have you consulted or shared any of the resources we’ve listed here? What are you excited to act on or share with your colleagues? Comment below and let us know how it’s going.