This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Last updated: Jan 30th, 2020
If you are an SAP pro, and have been working on Azure, then this is an article for you.
Microsoft released exam “AZ-120: Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads” late last year. This exam focuses on the evaluation of a candidate’s ability for workload administration, planning for deployment, and migration to Azure of SAP workloads. This exam does NOT test your SAP installation or migration skills itself… instead it focuses on how you would approach planning, deployment, and migration on Azure IaaS platform.
This is a Microsoft certification exam, and while endorsed by SAP it is not an SAP certification.
This blog does not guarantee for passing a certification. The focus here is to help you to prepare for the certification and provide the required resources in a central location.
Please note, when you take exam “AZ-120: Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads”, you earn the certification/badge as “Microsoft Certified: Azure for SAP Workloads Specialty”
Disclaimer: This exam is still in the “Beta” version. i.e. you don’t get your score until the exam go-live.
What is the exam content?
Exam details can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-120#certification-exams.
This exam measures your SAP and Azure skills around the following areas. Please find the subtopics of these five main areas here: https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE43XOu
- Migrate SAP Workloads to Azure (10-15%)
- Design an Azure Solution to Support SAP Workloads (20-25%)
- Build and Deploy Azure SAP Workloads (35-40%)
- Validate Azure Infrastructure for SAP Workloads (10-15%)
- Operationalize Azure SAP Architecture (10-15%)
Where do I find study material?
If you are already working on SAP and Azure technologies, you have a head start. There is no pre-requisite for this exam. However, if you have studied the content, or have already passed “AZ-103: Microsoft Azure Administrator” and/or “AZ-300: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies” exam(s), you may already be on an accelerated path for study of AZ120.
A Microsoft learning path is a good way to start preparation. A Few modules of AZ120 are available, and the rest will be available soon. The link of the remaining modules will be added as soon as they are available. You can already start studying the available module in the meantime.
- SAP certified offerings for Azure: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/sap-certified-offerings/
- Planning Azure for SAP workloads: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/plan-azure-sap-workloads/
Along with the above content, you should certainly read the following in-depth content. This will not only help you for your exam but will be helpful as you work on SAP on Azure projects.
Learn about Azure virtual machines and HANA Large Instances: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/workloads/sap/get-started
How much time do I need to prepare?
Preparation time and completing the study material heavily depend on how much you are already involved on SAP and Azure projects. However, preparation may take somewhere from 40 hours to 120 hours, depending upon your familiarity of the different topics on this subject.
How do I register for an exam?
To register for an exam, click here and then select “Schedule exam” link.
Key tips for greater success
Everyone is unique, and so their study and exam preparation techniques. However, the following list helped me with previous Microsoft certifications:
- Schedule your exam today. Having a target scheduled date will force you to prepare for an exam.
- Spend quality time for the study. Do take few days off if required. You can’t deliver time sensitive projects and study together
- Appear for exam on Monday – you get weekend to prepare and revise the content
- Don’t wait too long for an exam after you are done with the study
- Keep aside minimum of 2 hours daily for study
- Do hands-on
Good luck! Start the preparation now. Can’t wait to see you AZ120 certified.