This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: SQL Server articles.
Version 17.5 of the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server has been released. Version 17.5.1 brings a few new features and a handful of fixes to the driver.
- New SQL_COPT_SS_SPID connection attribute provides SPID without a round-trip to the server
- Support for indicating EULA acceptance via debconf on Debian and Ubuntu
- Support for Alpine Linux (3.10 and 3.11)
- Support for Oracle Linux 8
- Support for Ubuntu 19.10
- Support for macOS Catalina (10.15)
- Fixed AKV CMK metadata hash computation on Linux/Mac
- Fixed error when loading OpenSSL 1.0.0
- Fixed conversion issues when using ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2 codepages
- Fixed internal library name on Mac to include version number
- Fixed setting of null indicator when separate length and indicator bindings are used
Note: Linux packages for 17.5 are currently unavailable due to concerns of a possible memory leak in one of the packages. They will be made available as soon as the investigations and any possible remedies are complete.
For Windows installations, you can download version 17.5 of the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server from the Microsoft Download Center.
Linux and macOS packages are also available. For installation details see the online instructions.
We are committed to improving quality and bringing more feature support for connecting to SQL Server Azure SQL Database Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL Managed Instance through regular driver releases. We invite you to explore the latest the Microsoft Data Platform has to offer via a trial of Microsoft Azure SQL Database or by evaluating Microsoft SQL Server.