This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Since the initial launch of Windows 10 in 2015, many of you have sought release-over-release efficiencies to ensure that the devices and users in your environments remain protected and productive. Based on discussions with, and feedback received from enterprise customers around the world, we recognize that the journey of keeping devices up to date and, more specifically, building “update velocity,” isn't always clear.
To provide clarity to IT professionals managing Windows 10 environments, today we published an in-depth guide on Optimizing Windows 10 update adoption. In this guide, you'll find details on best practices and tips to help you increase update velocity, including:
- Tuning update policies for increased velocity. If you have devices configured to receive updates from Windows Update for Business or Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), explore the tradeoffs between velocity and productivity—and better understand the impact of policy and device settings to the devices across your organization. In addition, find out how to create a successful update process for low-activity devices.
- Tuning devices for increased velocity. If you use any update management technology, including Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, learn more about the system policies and configurations that impact update success. This guide will walk you through infrastructure optimization, adjusting your network utilization choices, and addressing network congestion.
- Monitoring and enforcement. Fine-tune your update deployment processes by diving into data to discover what's working and what still needs to be addressed. Learn techniques for troubleshooting and find ways to continually improve the update process in your organization.
- Deployment strategies. If you are new to Windows deployment practices, this is a great place to begin. Learn about adopting a service management mindset, find recommended practices for feature update deployments, and discover tools that can assist you in identifying the right diversity of devices to help make feature update (and security update) deployments more efficient.
- Policy setting reference. Get a handy checklist you can reference when applying the policies and settings recommended in this document.
In creating this guide, we've focused on collecting real-world best practices to share with you; practices that can help you and your organization achieve update velocity improvements while keeping your devices protected and productive. We hope you find this new guide helpful.
There's no time like the present to simplify the way you roll out updates across your organization. Download your free guide to Optimizing Windows 10 update adoption and get started today.