This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
We are committed to helping organizations everywhere stay connected and productive during this difficult time. From virus outbreaks like COVID-19 to unexpected weather emergencies, our focus goes to the importance of establishing open the lines of communication and information flow. In this episode, Chris and I highlight three solutions - across Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and Power Apps - that help everyone stay briefed on the situation and any business impacts. Through crisis management and good planning, technology can help business continuity in the move to more and more remote working.
OK, grab your favorite set of headphones to not disturb others in your space, and off to the show:
In this episode of The Intrazone, Chris and I dig into these three solutions:
- Microsoft Teams to stay productive while working remotely
- SharePoint to build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Power Apps to promote crisis communication [a Power Platform template]
Link to articles mentioned in the show:
- Articles and sites
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Keeping employees informed and engaged during difficult times
- Working remotely during challenging times. A 'letter to customers' from Lily Zheng, director Microsoft China.
- Our (Microsoft) commitment to customers during Covid-19
- Staying productive while working remotely with Microsoft Teams
- 4 Tips for working from home with Microsoft Teams
- 5-page “Quick start guide to Microsoft teams [PDF download]
- “Quick start videos for Microsoft Teams
- Support remote workers using Microsoft Teams [admin]
- “Day in the life – remote worker” PDF infographic
- Additional “Day in the life” PDF infographics (for various verticals) [.ZIP file download]
- Instructor-led training for Microsoft Teams [admin]
- Crisis Communication: a Power Platform template [Power Apps]
- Keeping employees informed and engaged during difficult times [Yammer]
- Good Twitter feeds to broadly keep informed: @CDCemergency, @CDCgov, & @WHO.
- Plus a few related ‘how to build SharePoint sites’ videos:
- Build an intelligent intranet featuring SharePoint home sites
- Build an Employee Engagement Experience with Yammer, SharePoint & Stream
- How to build an impactful SharePoint communication site in under 10 minutes
- The importance of handwashing: Vietnam Jealous Coronavirus Song on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver [bonus points if you take the related TikTok challenge]
- Microsoft Docs - The home for Microsoft documentation for end users, developers, and IT professionals.
- Microsoft Tech Community Home
- Stay on top of Office 365 changes
- Get started with Office Online in Office 365
- Listen to other Microsoft podcasts
- SharePoint Saturdays | @SPS_Events (numerous cities have been postponed)
- Microsoft Ignite | The Tour (remaining cities worldwide have been canceled)
- MS Business Applications Summit (May.6-7; virtual)
- SharePoint Conference 2020 in-person has been postponed; moved to March 2021
- Collab365 #GlobalCon2, June 15-19, 2020
- Hosts and guests
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners and SharePoint users (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and productivity. And we will do this, together, one solution-to-inspiration episode at a time.
The Intrazone links
- Show page
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play Music
+ Listen to other Microsoft podcasts at aka.ms/microsoft/podcasts.