This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Today, any organization who is ready to spin Azure service always curious of performance, load, design etc. The story is no different with data. With Azure Synapse DWH organization want to make sure they choose right skus and design to benefit customer and themselves. Any organization can come up with following questions
- Are we choosing right sku for current and future workload?
- Are we utilizing the resources well?
- What about the latency?
- Based on upcoming request, what will be the impact on allocated resources aka load testing?
- How to make sure queries are performing well on DWH design?
- How to build baseline matrix?
All scripts and step by step guide can be found here. However, below are the steps to build the framework along with few pictures.
- Azure Synapse Analytics (Data warehouse)
- Setup Data warehouse
Download and configure Apache Jmeter
- Build Java Management Extension (aka jmx) file
- Move scripts to Azure storage
- Execute work load
Analyse the Test Results
Investigate result over Azure portal dashboard
- Understand the bottleneck and performance
1) Table Distribution2) Partition strategy3) Index4) Cache6) Views
Apache Jmeter Report