This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Windows Blog.
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19628 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Some Windows Insiders might notice that the name of the branch we’re releasing builds from has changed to MN_RELEASE starting with today’s build. As we mentioned back in December, the Fast ring receives builds directly from this active development branch. In this case, we are practicing our ability to change which branch we consider as the active development branch. This is just a short-term change and we intend to release builds from RS_PRERELEASE again soon. As our engineers work in development cycles internally, we may prioritize work being done in a specific branch and may need to move Insiders between branches. The builds from the MN_RELEASE branch are not matched to a specific Windows 10 release.
You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re on the Fast ring. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. Please note, there will be a slight delay between when a build is flighted and when Flight Hub is updated.
General changes & improvements
- We’re adding initial support for DNS over HTTPS, so that you can opt into using encryption when Windows makes DNS queries. Follow the instructions in this blog post to opt in as it will be off by default.
Thanks everyone who shared feedback about the updated version of Korea Microsoft IME introduced with Build 18941. For the moment, the IME version will be returning to the previous one while we take your feedback into consideration.
- We’ve fixed an issue causing some devices fail to update with error code 0xc0000409. If you continue to experience this error, please let us know by filing new feedback in Feedback Hub.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re looking into reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- We’re looking into reports that taskbar preview thumbnails aren’t rendering consistently (showing a blank area).
Celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage Month!
Want to learn more about Asian and Pacific Islander Americans? Check out our Asian and Pacific Islander Americans carousel, where we highlight some of the many notable individuals from this community. We are featuring athletes, politicians, authors, engineers and more. Celebrate and learn with Bing here!
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.