This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Maximize Virtual Workplace Productivity
Whether working from home, returning to the office, or logging in while on the road, the critical part of your office experience is your virtual workplace.
We are fortunate to have a problem we spent years trying to create – an excess of data and information. What is the point of these millions of files, resources, and collaboration pieces if we can’t use them effectively?
Power Automate allows you to create low-code or no-code automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data, and more. By adding connectors between your favorite apps, you can automate and simplify those time-consuming tasks we'd all like to avoid. Find hundreds of pre-made templates in the Power Automate Portal, ready to implement into your workspace at the click of a button. Power Automate flows are easily editable to customize the action to fit your specific needs.
Let’s dive into a couple ways you can use Power Automate to get ahead of your workload, increase your productivity, and make your digital workspace work for you.
Make Your Email Work for You
Most of us feel attached to our email – we constantly filter, sort, search, and flag items in the hopes of never missing a file or task. Use pre-made Power Automate templates to organize your attachments, presentations, documents and images. The following hyperlinks can help you quickly maximize email productivity:
- Save Office 365 email attachments to a OneDrive folder
- Save Office 365 email attachments to a SharePoint document Library
- If the SharePoint library is linked to a Teams site, this will save to the Teams site for maximized Team productivity
- Get a push notification for the saved attachment
- Get a push notification when you get an email from your boss (or any significant contact you wish to add)
Some Power Automate Customization Ideas: save attachments from a specific contact to a specific folder, only get notifications for attachments saved from a specific contact, and customize application flow to suit your productivity needs
Optimize Your Schedule
Automatic Scheduling can help you organize your day while optimizing your productivity.
- Create an Office 365 Calendar event with the start time and title upon creation of a Todoist task
- Create a Google Calendar event with the start time and title upon creation of a Todoist task
- For when you need to de-clutter, Delete an Office 365 Calendar event when the Google Calendar event is deleted (add an edit to flow both ways)
Automate Life - Stay Informed, but Save on Browsing Time
- Email yourself new Tweets about a specific topic
- Save Tweets with a specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Save Tweets about a specific topic to an Excel table
- Keep up with Aunt Karen: track and analyze weekly Facebook posts about specific people, customers, or topics
- Pre-made templates for Twitter
- Pre-made templates for Instagram
Keep in mind, with Power Automate, all linked flows can be easily edited and customized to fit your needs – with no code required. If you can think of an additional step to maximize your productivity, odds are you can easily build the action to create your best flows. With 300+ connectors available, you can extend your workspace beyond your traditional application.
Visit the Power Automate Portal to easily search pre-made templates, services, and connectors. Find new flows, make edits to existing flows, and share your flows across collaborators!