This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) articles.
Microsoft Connector for Oracle is now generally available.
Microsoft Connector for Oracle provides compatibility with Attunity Oracle Connector in functionality and performance. Packages designed with Attunity Oracle Connector can run with Microsoft Connector for Oracle without any changes. The following Microsoft SQL Server products are supported by Microsoft Connector for Oracle:
- Since SQL Server 2019 CU1
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) 15.9.3 or later for Visual Studio 2017
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio 2019
To install the connector for Oracle database, download and run the installer from the latest version of Microsoft connector for Oracle. Then follow the directions in the installation wizard.
Design new SSIS packages
Open SSDT 15.9.3 or later, Oracle components can be found in SSIS Toolbox, under Common Category.
And in Connection Managers, Oracle connection manager is displayed with type “ORACLE”.
Microsoft Connector for Oracle provides similar user experience with Attunity Oracle Connector. User can design new packages based on previous experience.
Execute packages targeting SQL Server 2019
Existing SSIS packages which have been designed with Attunity Oracle Connector will be automatically upgraded to use Microsoft Connector for Oracle. The icons will be changed as well.
Execute package targeting Pre-SQL Server 2019
If the project is targeting Pre-SQL Server 2019, corresponding Attunity Oracle Connector and Oracle client are required to be installed on the SSDT machine for package execution.
Attunity Oracle Connector download links:
- Microsoft Connector Version 5.0 for Oracle by Attunity targeting SQL Server 2017
- Microsoft Connector Version 4.0 for Oracle by Attunity targeting SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft Connector Version 3.0 for Oracle by Attunity targeting SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft Connector Version 2.0 for Oracle by Attunity targeting SQL Server 2012
Please refer to this page for more detail usage.