This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: SQL Server articles.
We have released a new early technical preview of the JDBC Driver for SQL Server which contains numerous additions and changes.
- Added delayed durability option to SQLServerConnection.commit() #1310
- Introduced SQLServerBulkCSVFileRecord.setEscapeColumnDelimitersCSV() to escape delimiters and double quotes when using bulk copy to load from CSV files #1312
- Added certificate expiry validation when using Always Encrypted with secure enclaves feature #1321
- Added SQL State to Exception when connection is closed #1326
- Introduced extended bulk copy support against Azure Data Warehouse #1331
- Introduced 'delayLoadingLobs' connection property to provide backward compatibility when streaming LOBs #1336
- Fixed an issue with MSI authentication failing due to expiry date format mismatch #1308
- Fixed an issue with streams not getting closed when using Always Encrypted with secure enclaves feature #1315
- Fixed an issue with retrieving SQL VARIANT as its underlying type #1320
- Fixed issues with the driver not being JAVA 8 compliant #1328
- Fixed an issue with PreparedStatement when inserting large spatial data types #1337
- Updated driver and test dependencies #1294, #1313
- Improved exception message when connecting to redirection-enabled Azure server #1311
- Improved performance when parsing connection string #1317
- Updated the driver to throw a warning when TLS version lower than 1.2 is negotiated #1322
- Removed unused code #1330
Getting the latest release
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project (choose .jre8, .jre11, or .jre14 for your required Java version).