This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Healthcare and Life Sciences Blog articles.
In the midst of the global pandemic, we have yet to address critical issues regarding the drug supply chain, which continues to be an integral part of healthcare delivery. Dr. Rola Kaakeh is the CEO of Salus Vitae Group, a healthcare consultancy, as well as a pharmacist, entrepreneur, educator, mentor and published scholar. She also teaches at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and is Affiliate Faculty at the Institute for Global Health and Institute for Public Health and Medicine. Her impact has stretched across the international community to encompass overarching holistic countrywide policies to local, on the ground initiatives.
Dr. Rola Kaakeh and the Microsoft Technology Center’s Chief Technical Architect Charles Drayton joined us live for a CollabCast with Sam Brown on Wednesday, June 10th at 12 noon EST. Rola provided thought leadership regarding the future of the medication supply chain for all its stakeholders, across topics such as access to medications, drug shortages, critical medications in short supply, understanding the global medication supply chain, alarms during the pandemic, lessons learned, strategies and items moving forward. Charles uses his knowledge of the powerful Microsoft product suite to show us how technology can play a critical role in improving outcomes through accurate predictions and planning moving forward.
Check out the recording and resources below:
- Tackling Low Medication Supplies and Disruptions in the Supply Chain Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic Series by Dr. Rola Kaakeh
- Salus Vitae Group Youtube Channel
- Dr. Rola Kaakeh's Tedx Talk, "The Struggle to Access Medications"
- Microsoft Technology Center Offerings like the Intelligent Healthcare Experience
- Dr. Rola Kaakeh, Chief Executive Officer, Salus Vitae Group
- Charles Drayton, Chief Technical Architect, Microsoft Technology Center
- Sam Brown, Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist
Thanks for joining and let us know how else we can help!