This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: SQL Server articles.
We recently released an update to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient, version 2.0.1. The update addresses several issues that are important to our customers.
Updates in Microsoft.Data.SqlClient 2.0.1 include:
- Added support for a new Configuration Section, SqlClientAuthenticationProviders (duplicate of existing SqlAuthenticationProviders), to allow co-existence of configurations for both drivers, "System.Data.SqlClient" and "Microsoft.Data.SqlClient" #701
- Fixed pooled connection re-use on access token expiry issue when using Active Directory authentication modes #639
- Fixed transient fault handling for Pooled connections #638
- Fixed Enclave session cache issue with Azure Database #628
- Reverted changes to return empty DataTable from GetSchemaTable to return null as before. #697
- Fixed configuration section collision issue with System.Data.SqlClient type #701
- Fixed blank error message [HTTP Provider] issues due to unexpected pre-login failures when using Native SNI. Fixed with Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI v2.0.1 and Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI.runtime v2.0.1 release versions.
To get the new package, add a NuGet reference to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient in your application.
For the list of changes in Microsoft.Data.SqlClient 2.0.1, you can also see the Release Notes.