This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
We are excited to announce a new built-in report for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s threat and vulnerability management capability, the vulnerable devices report!
Have you ever wondered which devices have the most critical vulnerabilities? Or which devices have the oldest or most exploitable vulnerabilities? Our new report is now in public preview to give you those answers, and much more!
The Vulnerable devices report provides extensive insights into your organization’s vulnerable devices with summaries of the current status and customizable trends over time.
Report insights include:
- Device vulnerability severity levels (e.g. all the devices with critical vulnerabilities)
- Device exploit availability (e.g. all the devices with vulnerabilities that have verified exploits)
- Device vulnerability age (e.g. devices with vulnerabilities that were published over 90 days ago)
- Vulnerable devices by operating system
- Vulnerable devices by Windows 10 version
Let’s take some examples:
- If there are a lot of devices with old vulnerabilities, you might want to learn about the MTTR (mean time to remediate) process in your organization.
- If you see multiple devices with Critical or High vulnerabilities, you might want to prioritize those devices first.
Is there an insight you want to explore further? Select the bar chart to drill down and view a list of relevant devices.
You can also use the graphs and granular filtering capabilities to easily learn about your security posture and the vulnerable devices in the organization.
Are you ready? If you’ve enabled public preview features, you can check out the new report today! If not, we encourage you to turn on preview features in Microsoft Defender Security Center to get access to the newest capabilities.
If you’re not yet taking advantage of Microsoft’s industry-leading security optics and detection capabilities for endpoints, sign up for a free trial of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint today.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or questions, let us know!