This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Azure Database Support Blog articles.
To connect to Azure SQL Database we could use multiple tools or coding languages like C#, PHP, Java, etc.. In some situations, we need to test our application, for example, how much time take a single connection, review my retry-logic, review the connection, etc..
In this URL you could find an example about several operations that you could use using PHP.
This application has been designed with a main idea: how to obtain information about the elapsed time in the connectivity process and the query execution to a database of Azure SQL Database using PHP ( ODBC or Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server). This PHP console script runs in Windows and Linux.
This PHP console script has the main features:
- Connect using different driver measuring the time spent.
- Once you have established the connection runs multiple times the query SELECT 1 measuring the time spent.
- Once you have established the connection runs multiple times any query that you need with a random parameter measuring the time spent.
- Check if the port is open.
- Report all the ports that the client has opened.
- All the operations will be saved on a file called Output.log.
You could find the instrucctions in readme file.
As always, all feedback and contributions are very welcome.