This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Healthcare and Life Sciences Blog articles.
Welcome to the monthly Healthcare and Life Sciences blog recap, April edition! Check out the highlights below:
- Ingest Healthcare Open Data into Azure and Power BI using New GitHub Repository: Greg Beaumont, Microsoft Senior Intelligence Technical Specialist, built a repository of healthcare open data in GitHub called Power Pop Health. The solution contains low code/no code/no PowerShell deployment, so anyone can use it with nothing more than an Azure subscription and Power BI. Read more about the solution here.
- Excel Analyst in a Day with Power BI: Explore how Excel and Power BI are best used together and how Excel and Power BI can be integrated in Microsoft Teams and SharePoint online. Click here to learn more and register for the event.
- Dashboard in a Day with Power BI: Interested in participating in a free Power BI workshop? Click here to learn how.
- Embed Power BI Reports in Healthcare EMR: Learn more about how healthcare providers are embedding Power BI reports from their EMRs/EHRs. Click here to register for the event.
- Power BI at Microsoft Business Applications Summit: Join the Power BI team and learn about the next features, demos, roadmap for Power BI. Click here to learn more.
Microsoft Teams Rooms
- Transitioning to Microsoft Teams Video Conference Rooms: Are your employees returning to work? Learn how to configure existing conference rooms for Teams meetings. Click here to learn more.
Confessions of Health Geeks
- Microsoft Nurses Heeding the Call of Service: Learn from Molly McCarthy and Kathleen McGrow as they discuss the complexities of volunteering at a COVID-19 vaccination clinic and their hopes for the future of the COVID-19 vaccination process. Click here to watch.
- Innovations in Pediatric Patient Experience: Hear from Microsoft’s Chief Patient Experience Officer, Antionette Thomas, as she interviews a team from Children’s Hospital of Colorado and representatives from Childsplay Charity on innovative new technologies they are adopting to enhance the experience of patients. Click here to watch the webcast.
- Health Plan Member Experience Improvement: Microsoft’s Director of Population Health, Amy Berk, discusses some of the forces driving health plan member experience improvement. Click here to learn more.
- Diversity in Clinical Trials and Drug Development: In this podcast, Claire Bonaci discusses the importance of diversity and inclusion in pharma and life sciences, specifically the importance of diversity in clinical trials. Watch the podcast here.
- Tackling health inequity: Dr. Zafar Chaundry, SVP and CIO at Seattle Children’s Hospital shares how he and his team are working to expand access to healthcare and improve health equity in the greater Seattle area. Click here to watch.
- MidDay Café Re-launch: The MidDay Café is temporarily pausing until the re-launch on May 10th. The new format will be shorter with different content. Read the announcement here.
January's HLS Blog Contributors:
Michael Gannotti, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Greg Beaumont, Senior Technical Specialist, Intelligence
Claire Bonaci, Director, Business Development, Health and Life Sciences
Samir Thapa, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Kendra Burgess, Senior Technical Specialist, Business Applications
Thanks for reading and let us know how else our Microsoft team can help!
Erin Spencer, Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams