This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 provides a rich set of solutions for collaborating with users both inside and outside of your organization (such as partners, vendors, clients, or customers). In this episode, we cover various levels of “extranet” to discover best practices when using and configuring Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive for external collaboration.
As our SharePoint PnP community friends David Warner II and Vesa Juvonen say, “Sharing is caring.” And if sharing is caring, external sharing is extra caring. Yes, you can have it both ways.
And we've another special episode intro guest (from my biased-host perspective): my dad, Howard Kashman. He snuck into Microsoft Studios with me and shared his pre-Cloud-days perspective on this “external sharing” topic. Love you, dad.
OK, grab your external collaborators and … off to the show:
In this episode of The Intrazone, we speak to SharePoint tech expert, Christian Buckley – Founder and CEO of CollabTalk, Microsoft Regional Director and MVP. Christian talks through many solutions that allow for collaboration with customers, partners, and virtual teams that stretch inside and outside of your organization, with a focus on which tools work the best in different scenarios – across SharePoint, Teams, Yammer, OneDrive, Stream, and more. Get in on the #ExternalCollabTalk.
Link to articles mentioned in the show:
- Hosts and guests
- Articles and sites
- External sharing in Microsoft 365 – an IT admin guide (docs.microsoft.com)
- Create a secure guest sharing environment (docs.microsoft.com)
- File protection (incl. external sharing) solutions in Office 365 (PDF)
- “External file sharing in Microsoft 365” #Ignite19 session #BRK3263 by Rafael Lopez-Uricoechea and Stephen Rice (video on-demand)
- Microsoft Docs - The home for Microsoft documentation for end users, developers, and IT professionals.
- Microsoft Tech Community Home
- Stay on top of Office 365 changes
- Get started with Office Online in Office 365
- SharePoint Saturdays | @SPS_Events
- Microsoft Ignite | The Tour (various cities worldwide); related blog, "Ignite The Tour 2019/2020 guide to SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer and Stream sessions"
- ESPC, European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference - December 2-5, Prague, Czech Republic (@EuropeanSP); related blog, "European SharePoint Conference 2019 (#ESPC19) guide to Microsoft 365 sessions & community activities"
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners and SharePoint users (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and productivity. And we will do this, together, one internal and external episode at a time.
The Intrazone links:
- Show page https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone
- Apple Podcasts https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-iTunes
- Google Play Music https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-GooglePlay
- Spotify https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-Spotify
- Pandora https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-Pandora
- Stitcher: https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-Sticher
- Overcast: The Intrazone on Overcast
- RSS https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone-RSS