This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Version 17.8 of the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server has been released. Version 17.8 brings several new features and fixes to the driver.
- Ability to modify KeyStoreAuthentication and KeyStorePrincipalId settings via the DSN configuration UI (Windows)
- New replication connection option
- KeepAlive and KeepAliveInterval options added to the connection string
- Support for Ubuntu 21.04
- Support for Alpine Linux 3.13
- Fix for restrictions on connection string regarding usage of
- Fix for inconsistent fonts in non-English dialogs (Windows)
- Fixed issue with having multiple connections with different AKV credentials
- Fixed accessibility issue with screen readers not reading connection test results in DSN configuration UI (Windows)
For Windows installations, you can directly download the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server.
Linux and macOS packages are also available. For installation details see the online instructions.
We are committed to improving quality and bringing more feature support for connecting to SQL Server Azure SQL Database Azure Synapse Analytics, and Azure SQL Managed Instance through regular driver releases. We invite you to explore the latest the Microsoft Data Platform has to offer via a trial of Microsoft Azure SQL Database or by evaluating Microsoft SQL Server.