This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Did you know that 1 in 5 nurses are leaving or considering leaving the profession?
The disappearing frontline affects us all, and our health care practitioners are calling on all developers to bring your innovation and solutions to help build a sustainable nursing workforce for the future.
Join our 3 day virtual hackathon to work with other technologists, healthcare workers, and innovators to build meaningful solutions.
Why should You Attend?
For the greater good? Ha ha. Attending a hackathon is a great way to bond, brainstorm, develop and pitch healthcare solutions that will forever change the way you think about a problem, your perceived value and impact and your vision for your future in nursing and healthcare!
You will get a chance to:
- Work along side and network with MS experts and other technologists who share a common vision.
- Ideate and create meaningful solutions to address real pain points that our new and seasoned heroes are going through.
- Getting to work alongside nurses on the frontlines will help them make their ideas a reality!
- Close the gap between your technical skills and the needs of our nurses.
- Perfect chance to contribute to open source and help build your brand.
What if I don’t have any healthcare experience? No problem! That’s what the nurses are for (and we’ll have some tech-y healthcare industry people there too)
What if I don’t have skills on the tech and tools the team needs? Again, No problem! Your background on any developer tools and tech are more than enough – and we’ll have plenty of MSFT mentors in a variety of areas there to help you as well. Commonly used tech includes (but is definitely not limited to):
Check with your employer(s) Some employers have policies around employees moonlighting and working on open source projects
Resources that could help prepare you for the hackathon:
NurseHack4Health Spring 2021 (past solutions/presentation)
Help build a sustainable nursing workforce for the future. Leverage your tech skills and hack for nurses’ wellbeing.
To register and to learn more: https://nursehack4health.org