This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Community Hub.
Microsoft is thrilled to be part of the 20th edition of Devoxx Belgium from October 2-6, in Antwerp, Belgium. Last year's event attracted over 3,200 attendees, and this year is shaping up to be equally impactful. The conference will cover Cloud, Big Data, Security, Architecture, Programming Languages, and importantly, the evolving fields of AI and Java, and more. With the upcoming release of Java 21, this year's emphasis on AI and Java promises a valuable learning experience.
Exploring the core themes
Spring Apps: Spring continues to be a bedrock for crafting resilient and scalable java applications. We will demonstrate how Spring Boot can be optimized and scaled within Azure environments.
Java and AI: As AI is one of the highlighted topics at Devoxx this year, we will unpack its transformative influence in the context of Java and cloud-native development, driving efficiencies and redefining capabilities.
Monday, October 2, 09:30 - 12:30. Location: BOF 1
This hands-on lab cuts through the noise to teach you how to construct scalable Spring Boot applications. You'll learn how to deploy them in -- setting them up for long-term success. You’ll learn how to design for scalability from the start.
Tuesday, October 3, 13:30 - 16:30. Location: BOF 1
This hands-on lab is not just about adopting new Java frameworks like Quarkus, but rather how to rethink Java for the cloud-native era. We’ll explore how to achieve faster start-up times and lower memory footprints. And when you add AI, we’ll demonstrate how just a few lines of code can turn your application into a storytelling powerhouse.
Tuesday, October 3, 16:50 - 17:20. Location: Room 9
This tools-in action session showcases the practical use of AI in world management, specifically for Dungeon Masters in role-playing games. Using Semantic Kernel SDK for Java, the session illustrates the possibilities AI can bring into interactive storytelling and dynamic character management, opening up new horizons beyond conventional applications.
Thursday, October 5, 13:50 - 14:40. Location: Room 7
This conference talk drills deeper into the nuts and bolts of integrating AI into Java applications. We’ll cover Semantic Kernel's open-source SDK, which allows for seamless integration of multiple AI services, essentially giving your Java applications a simulated "brain" and a broad range of "skills."
Stay updated on Microsoft’s Java initiatives
Microsoft continues to innovate in the Java ecosystem. Here's a snapshot of our recent announcements:
- Savings Plans: Significantly reduce costs for your Spring workloads on Azure Spring Apps Enterprise.
- Azure Migrate Preview: Discover and assess your Spring Apps for migration to Azure.
- New Landing on Accelerator: It’s now easier to deploy Spring Apps to Azure.
- Reliable Web App Patterns for Java: We provide guidelines for building reliable Java web apps.
- JBoss Clustering Support: We’ve enhanced scalability and reliability.
- Jakarta EE on Azure: July update for Jakarta EE on Azure features new Marketplace offers for quick deployments and expanded educational content on the Azure Learn platform.
- Microsoft Build of OpenJDK: Learn about our latest patch & security update release for the Microsoft Build of OpenJDK.
Connect with our experts
We invite you to take the conversations from the sessions into your professional networks. Our speakers are readily available to continue the dialog on LinkedIn and Twitter. Connect with our speakers on their respective social media platforms to stay updated on their latest insights and projects.
Our conference team at Devoxx includes:
- Sandra Ahlgrimm, Senior Cloud Advocate specializing in Java at Microsoft. LinkedIn | Twitter
- Bruno Borges, Principal Program Manager for Microsoft's Java Engineering Group. LinkedIn | Twitter
- Mark Heckler, Principal Cloud Advocate specializing in Java/JVM languages at Microsoft. LinkedIn | Twitter
- Antonio Goncalves, Principal Software Engineer at Microsoft on Azure and Java. LinkedIn | Twitter
- Sean Li, Sr. Program Manager at Microsoft. LinkedIn
- John Oliver, Microsoft Software Engineer
Join us at Devoxx Belgium 2023
These efforts underscore Microsoft's commitment to empowering developers through the synergies between Java and AI. To join the conversation, register for Devoxx Belgium 2023 today!
- Quickstart: Create a Java app on Azure App Service
- Quickstart: Deploy your first application to Azure Spring Apps
- Java EE, Jakarta EE, and MicroProfile on Azure
- Reliable web app pattern for Java - Plan the implementation
- Azure for Java developer documentation
- Microsoft for Java Developers Blogs
- Microsoft Tech Community Blogs – Apps on Azure and Java