This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Windows Blog.
We are pleased to announce the release of the Visual Studio Preview (15.6 Preview 5). This preview of Visual Studio includes the Preview SDK Build 17095 as an optional component.
For Visual Studio specific release notes, see release notes.
- Cannot deploy to a device: When attempting to deploy to a mobile device, it fails with the following error: DEP0001: Unexpected Error: SmartDeviceException – Class not registered [0x80131500]
To work around this issue:
- Go to Administrative Command Prompt
- Run REGSVR32 “Program Files (x86)Windows Kits10bin10.0.17095.0x86SirepClient.dll”
- The following tools are not included with this release:
- C++/WinRT Now Available:The C++/WinRT headers and cppwinrt compiler (cppwinrt.exe) are now included in the Windows SDK. The compiler comes in handy if you need to consume a third-party WinRT component or if you need to author your own WinRT components with C++/WinRT. The easiest way to get working with it after installing the Windows Insider Preview SDK is to start the Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt and run the compiler in that environment. Authoring support is currently experimental and subject to change. Stay tuned as we will publish more detailed instructions on how to use the compiler in the coming week.The ModernCPP blog has a deeper dive into the CppWinRT compiler. Please give us feedback by creating an issue at: https://github.com/microsoft/cppwinrt.
Accessing New APIs
In order to access the new APIs, you will need to modify the Target Platform Version of your app to be 10.0.17095.0. By default, the Target Platform Version will target the Windows Fall Creators Update version.
When targeting new APIs, consider writing your app to be adaptive in order to run correctly on the widest number of Windows 10 devices. Please see Dynamically detecting features with API contracts (10 by 10) for more information.
For a list of the New APIs available with this release, see the Windows 10 SDK Preview blog post.