This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Xbox Wire.
Starting at 6:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1806.180517-2122). Read on for more about the New Features, fixes and known issues in the latest 1806 system update.
While anticipation for E3 continues to build for a fantastic lineup of new games for Xbox players, we’re sharing some great new features in development that will begin to roll out to Xbox Insiders today. Not all of these features will be available immediately, but will be added over time in system update 1806 (June Update). The team at Xbox is always striving to improve the platform, and these features developed from fan feedback will continue to be shaped by Insider previewers. Enjoy these new features and giving your valuable feedback as we count down the days to the Xbox E3 briefing on June 10th!
Group Your Games and Apps
With so much content available, fans have asked for more options to organize libraries of games and apps. Today, we’re introducing a powerful new enhancement to Pins, which we call “Groups.” With Groups, you can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within My Games & Apps. You can also assign custom names to each Group, organize and order them, and add individual Groups to Home. Groups will appear across My Games & Apps, Home and Guide, so you’ll be able to access your Groups at a moment’s notice. Best of all, Groups are tied to your Xbox Live account, so they will automatically sync across multiple Xbox One consoles. We’ve started you off with a Group that should look very familiar — your Pins!
Improved Search Functionality
Searching for content is now even easier! Now pressing the Y button anywhere in the dashboard will bring up the search dialog. This process is found in many apps, but now you can do it anywhere within the dashboard. Not seeing enough results for your search? Hit enter or click the “more results” button to view a full page for your search results.
Multiple Wi-Fi passwords
The team at Xbox wants to enable gamers to hop online and play with ease. This feature enables users to store multiple Wi-Fi passwords on their console. This will make jumping between networks even easier and give you even more reasons to pack your Xbox on your next vacation!
Additional Accessibility Options
The Narrator feature on Xbox One now supports five additional languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, and Dutch. We’re also adding an Australian version of English language for Narrator, so Australian users will no longer have to select US or UK English in order to use Narrator.
Improvements to Family Settings
New features will allow for the right experience for child accounts.
A subset of Xbox Insiders may see some experimental features in addition to what’s listed above. These are designed to gauge interest and solicit feedback from a more focused group. For example, some users will be able to share game-specific stats amongst your friends right on your home page. While others may find greater functionality within Clubs.
As always, thanks to all the Xbox Insiders for your feedback. Your insight and input is both critical and crucial to making a better Xbox experience for gamers around the world.
New Feature Feedback:
Updates for Groups based on Xbox Insider feedback:
- Guide now locked to 4 columns
- Guide now opens multiple groups in flyout
- The “Add more” and “Create a group” flows now also includes your “Ready to install” games
- The “Add more” and “Create a group” flows now allow you to add up to 40 items to a Group at one time
- If you are looking for Groups in Guide but expected to see a Pins button, click on the “My games & apps” button – we’ve combined Groups with “My games & apps” to put all your stuff in one convenient location for quick access
- Resetting Groups: We’ve updated the reset button so now you can delete your local Groups and re-sync with the service. This will clear up a lot of issues that may have occurred due to bad states or if data is not showing up as expected. You may need to sign in / out for the pages to refresh. You can still delete from everywhere if you want a fresh start with Groups.
- Fixed the issue in which some users did not receive pop up notifications for Game DVR captures and the guide did not update the number of new captures.
- Fixed an issue where using Groups on multiple consoles would cause blank names on that other console. This should not repro anymore and can be fixed by choosing to reset your Groups locally
- Fixed an issue where Groups in a bad state would be reset because of unexpected data
- Fixed an issue regarding scrolling and poor navigation in Groups lower down in Guide
- Fixed an issue when editing Groups on multiple consoles that would cause random ordering of your Groups
- Fixed an issue in which switching Microsoft Edge tabs will cause PDF files to disappear from the screen.
- Stability and performance fixes for Microsoft Edge, specifically when multiple tabs are open.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- Preview Alpha users thanks for your feedback on Groups we are not expanding the feature to more users in Alpha today based on the feedback. Stay tuned for more information on expansion later this week and thanks for flighting and the great feedback!
- The Groups tab My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- You may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- The “Add more” or “Create a group” page for Groups will not show all installed content when filtering
- Titles hidden from Ready to install will show up as an item you can add through the “Add more” or “Create a group” page
- Choosing “Add to Home” for game/app within a group will not add the block to Home
- You may see issues roaming between a GA console and preview 1806 console. Workaround: Choose to reset your Groups locally to resync from the service.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
See the rest of the story on Xbox Wire
New Preview Delta and Omega 1805 System Update – 5/13/18
New Preview Beta 1805 System Update – 5/12/18
New Preview Alpha 1805 System Update – 5/12/18