This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
By Ileana Wu | Intune PM and Shantaram Punukollu | Identity Sr. PM
Back in April, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security announced that conditional access protection and single sign-on for Microsoft Edge on iOS and Android was in public preview. Since then, we’ve had great customer success in deploying this functionality to protect their environments, and we are excited to call this functionality generally available. As we wrote back in April, this integration expands your management capabilities as you deploy Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge on iOS and Android with conditional access gives users easy, secure access to Office 365 and all your web apps that use Azure Active Directory, with the same application management and security capabilities that previously required Intune Managed Browser.
To recap, these functionalities are now generally available:
- Microsoft Edge single sign-on (SSO): Your employees can enjoy single sign-on across native clients (such as Microsoft Outlook) and Microsoft Edge for all Azure Active Directory connected apps.
- Microsoft Edge conditional access: You can now require that employees use Microsoft Intune protected browsers such as Microsoft Edge using application-based conditional access policies.
If you’d like more details about conditional access and SSO with Microsoft Edge, visit our previous blog post where we announced the integration.
If you have not yet deployed Microsoft Edge mobile for your environment, here is a set of quick links to get you started:
- How to use Azure AD Application Proxy
- Authoring conditional access policy
- App-based conditional access technical documentation
- App protection policies in Intune
- Configure Microsoft Edge policies in Intune
As always, we’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have. Just email us here and let us know what you think about Microsoft Edge conditional access!
(This post is authored in collaboration with Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Edge product experts).