This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: IIS Support Blog articles.
While publishing an application from Visual Studio to Azure App Service, you may come across this error message:
Web Deploy experienced a connection problem with the server and had to terminate the connection.
Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_CONNECTION_TERMINATED
In the case I worked on, the project publishes successfully to Local IIS and Azure Functions but not to Azure App Service.
Follow the steps below to find a solution to this issue:
- Uninstall security software in the server and try again
- Make sure Management Services are installed (Add Role and Features > Web Server)
- Check if Web Management Services and Web Deploy Agent Service are running
- Make sure Fiddler or any other similar software is not running during the publish
- Check if TCP port 8172 are open