This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
We recently had a case where a customer reported that Autopilot was timing out on the Enrollment Status Page. While this known issue was documented and the fix is in Windows, we figured it would be helpful to share a few more details in case you run into this.
If the real-time clock on a PC is off by a significant amount of time and you are using hybrid Azure AD join (AADJ), you may find that the enrollment status page times out. Behind the scenes, the device is performing a time sync against the on-prem time server after the offline domain join is applied to domain join the device, and when there’s a mismatch in time, the time can’t always be determined and causes ESP to timeout.
You have two options for a fix for this issue:
- Upgrade the device to a Windows build that contains the fix for this issue –
- The second option, as mentioned in our documentation, is to manually force a time sync before the device is enrolled:
- Boot the device to the start of the out-of-box experience (OOBE).
- Establish a network connection (wired or wireless).
- Run the command w32tm /resync /force to sync the time.
Let us know if you have any additional questions on this by replying to this post or by tagging @IntuneSuppTeam out on Twitter.