This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: ITOps Talk Blog articles.
We will use this time to take a deep dive on PowerShell. From previous versions and making them work in PowerShell 7 and PowerShell Core.
We'll also take a serious look at Learning PowerShell with PowerShell, at Predictive IntelliSense, at the VS Code extensions, at Crescendo, and secret management with PowerShell to avoid the ever-annoying problem of hardcode creds or use prompts.
Joey Aiello - Senior Program Manager - General Compute
Jason Helmick - Program Manager – PowerShell
Follow the PowerShell Team on twitter @PowerShell_Team
This session includes:
1:29 Why PowerShell and what versions do I need?
11:30 Learning PowerShell with PowerShell
20:00 Predictive IntelliSense
39:50 VS Code
45:50 PowerShell Script Analyzer
49:00 Debugging PowerShell code
1:06:00 Secret Management
1:19:30 Wrap Up
Want to chat about this session? Come join us on Discord! https://aka.ms/ops117-chat
PowerShell Community Call
- 3rd Thursday of every month
- Details and recordings: https://aka.ms/PSCommunityCall
- PowerShell Github repo - https://aka.ms/ops117-Powershell-repo ** File issues and contribute!
- PS7 Module Compatibility Table - https://aka.ms/ops117-powershell7
- Install docs - https://aka.ms/ops117-powershell-install
- PowerShell Team Blog - https://aka.ms/ops117-powershell-team-blog
- Docker container images
- Az Predictor module - https://aka.ms/ops117-Az-Tools-Predictor
What did you think? Please take a moment to submit your feedback at https://aka.ms/ops117-feedback
To watch more sessions from the IT Ops Talks: All Things Hybrid event check out https://aka.ms/ITOpsTalks