This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) articles.First published on MSDN on Jul 03, 2012
The Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) release for SQL Server 2012 is out, and it fixes a DQS issue where the DQS_PROJECTS database use to grow excessively during the knowledge discovery or the cleansing activity. For detailed information about this issue, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685743 .
You can download and install CU2 release from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2703275 .
Note : Before installing the CU2 release, ensure that you back up your DQS databases. For more information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh213040 .
To update your existing SQL Server installation with the CU2 release, do the following:
- Visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2703275, and click Get Hotfix Now at the top of the page.
- In the next page, select the hotfix to download, type in your email address where you want the hotfix link to be sent, and then click Request Hotfix .
- Check your email for the hotfix link, and click the link to download the hotfix.
- After downloding the hotfix file, double-click the file to extract the CU2 installer file to a folder on your computer.
- Double-click the CU2 installer file to launch the update process on your SQL Server computer.
- In the License Terms page, accept the terms, and click Next .
On the Select Features page, ensure that all the features for your instance are visible. If you have multiple instances, you can select an instance that you want to update.
are always updated since there is only one copy to be shared by all instances. Click
- The installer checks for files in use to help avoid unnecessary reboots, and warns you if an in-use file is detected so you can manually kill those applications. If you don’t kill the apps prompted during the check, the installer might prompt you for a reboot at the end of the update process.
- Click Next to begin the update process. This might take a while to complete (~10-20 mins). After the update process completes successfully, a success message is displayed. Click Close to close the installer page.
- Start Command Prompt.
At the command prompt, change your directory to the location where DQSInstaller.exe is available. If you installed the default instance of SQL Server, the DQSInstaller.exe file will be available at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn:
cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn
At the command prompt, type the following command, and press ENTER:
- The installer prompts you for backing up the DQS databases before proceeding. Type Y or Yes and press ENTER to continue with the upgrade.
- A completion message is displayed after successful upgrade of the DQS databases schema.
Credits : Jason Howell for helping with the detailed steps and the screenshot.
- DQS Team