This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Intune Customer Success articles.
4/4/19: iOS Company Portal app version 3.9.0 is now available in the App store.
4/2/19: Company Portal app 3.9.0 is still in the process of being released to the store. We'll post here as soon as we have a definite ETA from engineering and Apple.
3/26/19 Update: iOS 12.2 has been released by Apple
3/25/19 Update: Apple TestFlight is now live with the new enrollment flow. However, changes to iOS Company Portal website will be available in TestFlight after these are shipped with an Intune service update.
2/25/19: Follow up post is published here - Coming soon: Changes in Intune Company portal for iOS enrollment
Apple has announced that there are changes coming in future versions of iOS 12 for manual enrollment into Mobile Device Management (MDM) - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209435. We think this change will likely come in the Spring 2019 release of iOS from Apple.
Enrollment into Intune currently flows as follows:
- Login into the Company Portal app, click Begin
- Redirection to Company Portal website in Safari
- Allow prompt stating “This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile”
- Redirection to Management Profile details page
- Select Install on the Management Profile details page and follow prompts to install profile
- Select Done
- Automatic Redirection to Company Portal website in Safari
- Select “Open” on the “Open this page in Comp Portal” prompt
- Automatic Redirection to Company Portal app to finish workflow
However, starting with iOS 12.1.1 beta, we’ve seen that enrollment has a change in workflow. Installing a management profile now involves additional steps for end users.
- They will be redirected to the Company Portal website in Safari. Click on Allow to download the configuration profile.
- Manual navigation to Profiles section of Settings app (Settings > General > Profiles) -
- When in device settings, users should see an Install Downloaded Profile blade with a red circle badge. They have 8 minutes to install the profile or they will stop seeing the badged experience. In our testing, after about 15 minutes the profile is removed from the device and enrollment must be restarted.
Note: This section of the Settings app may be named differently depending on profiles currently on the device. Once a Management Profile is installed, the name of the section changes to “Device Management”.
- Select “Install Profile” on the Downloaded Management Profile
- Select “Install” on the upper right hand of the Management Profile details page and follow prompts to install profile
- Select “Trust” on the Remote Management prompt
- Manual navigation back to Company Portal app to finish workflow
Here is a short video of what the new flow looks like in beta versions of iOS 12:
We’re trying to make changes on the Intune side and will keep you updated so you can be prepared for this change in enrollment workflow.
2/27/2019 - updated with new video
2/22/19: Updated with new video and updated screenshots