This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
This week, James is joined by friend of the show Dean Ellis, Developer at Microsoft and MonoGame contributor/evengelist, who introduces us to the cross-platform and open source game framework, MonoGame. Dean walks us through how MonoGame took everything that we loved about XNA and created a full cross-platform game framework that runs on iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, Windows, PS4, PSVita, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. It powers some of your favorite games today such at TowerFall, Bastion, and Infinite Flight, and Dean shows us how to get started, how to deploy our first game, and how to run it on all of the platforms.
- [02:15] A Bit About MonoGame
- [08:40] Getting Started with MonoGame
- [10:15] Your First MonoGame Project
- [17:00] MonoGame Content Pipeline
- [25:00] Displaying Graphics and Text
- [30:40] Handling User Input
- [33:00] Full Example of Cross-Platform Game Development
- MonoGame on GitHub
- Source Code from Show
- Xamarin's MonoGame Documentation
- Follow @InfinitspaceStudios
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Never Miss an Episode: Follow @TheXamarinShow