This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Healthcare and Life Sciences Blog articles.
Historically, field workers supporting cases for Medicaid members of their health plan used manual processes to track Home Modifications (ramp needed, pets present, support bars needed in the bathroom, etc.). With the Home Adaptations Power Apps, customers can replace those manual systems with modern applications for case managers and field inspectors that include automatic email communication between contractors for case, bid, and project management.
Typical home modification support is manual, disjointed, and wrought with human error:
- Manual data entry errors
- Typical processes do not scale or allow for growth
- Poor visibility into open cases and missed compliance targets lead to financial penalties
- Poor member satisfaction due to no communication and missed due dates
Updating the field servicing solution to a modern platform significantly improves outcomes and patient satisfaction:
- Excites and empowers field and internal support workers
- Limits human error and provides visibility to data which prevents costly penalties
- Boosts customer (health plan member) satisfaction
- Provides executive visibility into key metrics
- Built on a scalable and customizable platform for growth
The Home Adaptations Power Apps suite includes a Model Drive App for the back of the house, a Canvas App for field inspectors, and a handful of Flows to support an end-to-end solution. As a quick walkthrough:
- A Service Coordinator initiates requests for the home modification team using a model-driven case management app.
- The request is sent to an evaluator to determine the required remediation using the mobile canvas app (including the ability to take pictures of the home/scenario).
- The remediation is sent out to bid using Flow which sends an email with a summary and an attached Excel bidding template to all service providers available in the system.
- Potential providers respond to the bid by replying to the email with a completed Excel workbook. Another Flow picks up the email response and updates the bids table related to the remediation request in the model-driven app.
- A service provider is awarded the project using Flow to automatically notify the award winner via email.
- The provider completes the work and invoices using a model-driven business process flow to close the case.
Let's partner together to help provide quick and effective home adaptations for people with needs.
Thanks for reading, Shelly Avery |Email, LinkedIn
If you are interested in more content like this, then follow https://aka.ms/HealthcareShorts
Please follow aka.ms/HLSBlog for all this great content.