This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Community Hub.
We are excited to announce SQL Server IoT 2022. SQL Server IoT, a binary equivalent of SQL Server, that is designed for fixed function use cases. Get more out of data with the Azure-enabled capabilities of SQL Server and SQL Server IoT 2022.
SQL Server IoT 2022 Highlights
Microsoft continues to enable customers to drive deeper insights, predictions, and governance from their data at scale. Let’s look at some highlights of SQL Server IoT 2022:
- Business continuity through Azure
- Seamless analytics over on-prem operational data
- Visibility over your entire data estate
- Most secure over the last 10 years
- Industry-leading performance and availability.
Scenarios for dedicated edge servers
- Security and safety. Identify people, activities and potential threats, using Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled cameras, to increase facility security with edge-based Video Management Systems for storage and deeper analysis.
- Manufacturing. Monitor equipment sensors to calculate performance metrics, solve production problems, and predict required maintenance, improving field-service efficiency.
- Smart buildings. Protect with intelligent enterprise fire and life safety monitoring solutions.
- Healthcare. Support medical imaging technology such as picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) for patient images.
- Smart cities. Monitor complex and rapidly changing environmental conditions like air and water.
- Retail. Monitor shelf inventory and quality (object detection).
Microsoft SQL Server has been available for embedded use for many years. Combined with Windows Server IoT 2022 and a specific purpose application, Microsoft SQL Server IoT 2022 provides a comprehensive database platform for mission-critical data analytics and offers industry-leading performance, availability, and security. For clarity, Microsoft SQL Server IoT 2022 has the same features and functionality as Microsoft SQL Server 2022, but different licensing and distribution. Microsoft SQL Server IoT 2022 is only licensed through the OEM channel under special dedicated use rights. It must be installed on the device with an integrated (embedded) software application (or suite of applications) dedicated and designed for a specific use.
Want to learn more?
You can learn more about SQL Server 2022 here.