This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Healthcare and Life Sciences Blog articles.
Welcome to the monthly Healthcare and Life Sciences blog recap, March edition! Check out the highlights below:
- Teams Roadshow: Interested in leveraging Teams Platform? Join this three-part series for healthcare professionals to learn, share and create innovative ideas to improve employee experiences and business value through Apps and automation in Teams. Click here to watch the series.
- Mid-Day Café Webcast:
- Microsoft Lists: Senior Product Manager Mark Kashman brought us the latest in Microsoft Lists including highly scalable lists for healthcare organizations.
- Engaging Employees Using Communities and Microsoft Yammer: Microsoft’s Principal Program Manager Dan Holme talked all things Yammer and showed how organizations can engage employees using communities.
- Microsoft Teams Adoption and Governance: Principal Manager Karuana Gatimu covered adoption and governance for Teams along with resources and best practices for organizations to get the most out of Teams.
- Microsoft Shared Channels: Microsoft’s Pouneh Kaufman and Eileen Zhou shared the latest around Microsoft Teams Shared Channels and how it facilitates secured and focused collaboration and sharing with external users.
- Mid-Day Café Open QA Sessions: Join us Mondays 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, and 4/19 for Mid-Day Café Open QA where you can bring questions around anything Teams, Viva, SharePoint, and more. Click here for more information.
- Want to know where to subscribe and keep up to date with the Mid-Day Café? Here is a list of resources.
- Resources for Setting Up Viva Topics and Viva Connections: Interested in Microsoft Viva? Viva Topics is now available, and Viva Connections is rolling out this month. Learn how to get set up and access additional Viva resources. Learn more here.
Azure API for FHIR:
- Impact of ONC Cures Act Final Rule: Senior Director Doug Seven explained the ONC’s Cures Act Final Rule and how it impacts the adoption for FHIR. Click here to watch.
- Azure API for FHIR Overview: Learn how Azure API for FHIR lets you quickly connect electronic health record systems and research databases in a simplified data management solution that protects PHI. Click here to learn more.
- Security & Compliance within the Azure API for FHIR: Learn from Marc Kuperstein, Senior Director at Microsoft Health Next, explain Security and Compliance within the Azure API for FHIR. Click here to watch.
- Ingesting data into FHIR from your EMR: Learn the different ways data can be ingested into FHIR from your EMR and the varying techniques including batch processing and real-time ingestion. Click here to learn more.
Confessions of Health Geeks
- Patient Experience: Microsoft Chief Patient Experience Officer, Antoinette Thomas interviewed John Barto about his contrasting patient experiences at different health institutions and the importance of the patient journey. Click here to learn more.
- Microsoft Director of Population Health: Meet Microsoft’s newest member of the Health and Life Sciences Industry team, Amy Berk. Amy is the new Director of Population Health at Microsoft and has an extensive background as a nurse practitioner and healthcare consultant. Click here to learn more.
- National Physicians Week: Meet Microsoft’s US Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Clifford Goldsmith, as he shares his experience as a physician and the importance of technology in healthcare. Click here to watch the webcast.
January HLS Blog Contributors:
Vasu Sharma, Senior Customer Success Manager, Microsoft Teams
Michael Gannotti, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Claire Bonaci, Director, Business Development, Health and Life Sciences
Linishya Vaz, Product Marketing Manager, Health and Life Sciences
Thanks for reading and let us know how else our Microsoft team can help!
Erin Spencer, Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams