This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
Small Basic is one of our favorite learning tools. Teaching and learning is one of our favorite things. Embracing everyone and anyone who wants to code is our goal.
When I saw this, I knew I had this week's post...
Leveraging Microsoft Small Basic to teach future generations of women. Here is a video which tells how Microsoft Small Basic helps them to achieve more So please leverage Microsoft Small Basic to teach future generations of women, young girls. They can learn via Visual Programming, create programs, Games and improve their knowledge. Learn the programming concepts starting with the fundamentals and move your way up. Small Basic is based on .NET and what you learn here could be easily applied to other .NET programming languages like Visual Basic. And when you do graduate to Visual Basic, you can bring your existing programs with you using a built-in conversion utility.
Just to update you that Microsoft Small Basic puts the “fun” back into computer programming. Few of the interesting stuff I want to mention were,
- With a friendly development environment that is very easy to master, it eases both kids and adults into the world of programming.
- Small Basic combines a friendly environment with a very simple language and a rich and engaging set of libraries to make your programs and games pop.
- In a matter of few lines of code, you will be well on your way to creating your very own game.
- With a new and revolutionary IntelliSense®, Small Basic makes writing code a breeze.
- Now you can share your programs with your friends; let them import your published programs and run them on their computer.
Here’s a few more links you might find interesting:
- Small Basic gets Kinect
- Kinect to Small Basic
- Starting up the Summer with a little Small Basic
- Simulations, Emulators, Virtual Reality and Small Basic v1.2
- Small Basic Gets a Not So Small Update... v1.1
- There's nothing small or basic about this map on becoming a "Dev" and good coder using Small Basic
- Small Basic Pi
- There's nothing basic about Lego Mindstorm EV3 Basic