This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
This week, James is joined by friend of the show Laurent Bugnion, Software engineer and UX enthusiast at Valorem/IdentityMine, introduces us to the world of developing with the MVVM Light Toolkit with Xamarin development. The MVVM Light Toolkit offers Xamarin developers a MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) library that adds data binding, commands, navigation, extensions, and a whole lot more to traditional development with Xamarin. Laurent even shows us the use cases and compatibility with Xamarin.Forms.
- [08:00] What MVVM Toolkit brings to Xamarin development
- [10:00] Sample walk through with MVVM Light Toolkit
- [16:00] Data binding controls in Android
- [21:00] Simplifying adapters in Android
- [23:30] Data binding controls in iOS
- [25:00] Getting and Starting with MVVM Light Toolkit
- MVVM Light Toolkit
- MVVM Light Toolkit Pluralsight Course
- Laurent's Site & Blog
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict with Frank.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Follow @lbugnion