This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
In this episode Haishi Bai and Ryan Volum are joined by Josh Caplan, Senior Program Manager on the Azure Analysis Services team. Analysis Services has typically shipped with SQL Server on premises, but now it has been implemented as a fully managed service in Azure. It allows you to manage data modeling and create BI solutions from tabular data in the cloud or on-premises.
Links from the show:
- [01:21] - Intro to Analysis Services
- [07:01] - Creating a model
- [11:22] - Viewing the model in Power BI Desktop and Excel
- [18:31] - Loading data and refreshing the cache with an Azure Function
- [23:17] - Pricing
- [26:00] - Security model
- Announcing Azure Analysis Services preview
- Azure Analysis Services