This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
Saw this Hello World from the awesome All-In-One Code Framework team (aka "The Code Sample Super Stars") and thought it might help you all get started...
This sample demonstrates how to create a Hello World 3D holographic app with Unity
How to create a Hello World 3D holographic app with Unity
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 3
- Windows 10 (10.0.10586 version or later)
- HoloLens Emulator
- Unity HoloLens Technical Preview
Building the sample
- Open the solution file CSUnity3DHolographic.sln
- Select x86 in the Solution Platforms menu from the Standard toolbar
- Select HoloLens Emulator on the Debug Target menu from the Standard toolbar
- Select CSUnity3DHolographic project and set it as StartUp Project
- Press F7 or Build > Build Solution to build the sample.
Running the sample
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Start Debugging button on the toolbar.
- Click Start Debugging on the Debug menu.
- Press F5.
After finishing all these steps, you can debug the project with the HoloLens Emulator.
Project Information URL: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/How-to-create-a-Hello-bae9df25
Project Source URL: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/How-to-create-a-Hello-bae9df25