This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
This is the second of an eight part series where Robert is joined by Phil Japikse to discuss design patterns. A design pattern is a best practice you can use in your code to solve a common problem. In this episode, Phil demonstrates the Strategy pattern. This pattern enables an algorithm's behavior to be selected at runtime.
Episodes in this series:
- Command/Memento patterns
- Strategy pattern (this episode)
- Template Method pattern (to be published 7/20)
- Observer/Publish-Subscribe patterns (to be published 7/25)
- Singleton pattern (to be published 8/8)
- Factory patterns (to be published 8/10)
- Adapter/Facade patterns (to be published 8/15)
- Decorator pattern (to be published 8/17)