This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
This is the fifth of an eight part series where Robert is joined by Phil Japikse to discuss design patterns. A design pattern is a best practice you can use in your code to solve a common problem. In this episode, Phil demonstrates the Singleton pattern. This pattern restricts the instantiation of a class to one instance and provides global access to that instance.
Episodes in this series:
- Command/Memento patterns
- Strategy pattern
- Template Method pattern
- Observer/Publish-Subscribe patterns
- Singleton pattern (this episode)
- Factory patterns (to be published 8/10)
- Adapter/Facade patterns (to be published 8/15)
- Decorator pattern (to be published 8/17)