This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
This week, James is joined by friend of the show Donna Malayeri, Program Manager at Microsoft in Azure Functions, who introduces us to serverless compute with Azure Functions. We discuss what Azure Functions is, how they work, and why they matter for mobile developers. Donna walks us through several mobile focused scenarios that Azure Functions are ideal for.
- [01:00] What are Azure Functions and Serverless Compute
- [03:30] Where to Get Started
- [07:30] Mobile Use Cases for Azure Functions
- [10:00] Our First Azure Function
- [15:00] Content Moderation Sample
- [22:30] App Insights Statistics
- [28:00] Durable Azure Functions
- Content Moderator sample
- Visual Studio Functions Tooling tutorial: Create your first function using Visual Studio
- Documentation on C# attributes: Using .NET class libraries with Azure Functions
- Follow @lindydonna
- Follow @azurefunctions
- For technical help, post on the azure-functions tag on StackOverflow
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Never Miss an Episode: Follow @TheXamarinShow