Last week, we shared topline takeaways from Microsoft Ignite, and yesterday, we highlighted a complementary roundup, from SharePoint and Office 2019 to emerging technologies and other Microsoft Ignite conversations. Today, we look at Microsoft 365 and what it means for you back at the office.
Microsoft 365 making an impression
Microsoft 365 captured IT pros’ attention – and for good reason. This bundle blends Windows 10, Office 365, and elements of Enterprise Mobility + Security in a subscription model. Microsoft introduced Enterprise and Business plans at Microsoft Inspire in July, followed by offerings for Education and F1 (Firstline Workers) at Microsoft Ignite. So now, regardless of your organization’s size or industry, you can amplify your security strategy. Here are a few ways you can deliver the benefits a digital workplace and overcome the increasing gaps with today’s distributed environments:
- Increase security of corporate assets. Multi-layered built-in security includes Intelligent Security Graph. It combines robust machine learning with analysis of diverse signals to actively detect cyberthreats and defend against suspicious behavior.
- Simplify IT management. Streamline device and app management with a single-console view so you can provision and secure devices easily.
- Mitigate risk while giving convenient access. Be confident that company data is protected from unauthorized access as you secure different types of devices and operating systems wherever your employees are working – even through web browsers.
- Migrate to the cloud seamlessly. New co-management capabilities help the transition from on-prem, meaning you and your teams can migrate to cloud-based management of Windows 10 devices with Microsoft Intune.
To get a pulse on how Microsoft 365 was trending, here is a taste of the headlines and tweets from Microsoft Ignite:
- Microsoft 365: Step up your protection with intelligent security
- Ronny de Jong@ronnydejong Maximizing IT’s Impact with Microsoft 365. Co-Management FTW! via @MSFTMobility #MSIgnite #MSIgnite17 #MSIgnite2017
- Yaacov Cohen@YaacovC Office 365 is so 2016, It is all about Microsoft 365 now! @satyanadella keynote at #MSIgnite #MSIgnite2017 #Ignite2017 #ignite17 #ignite
- Office 365 @Office365 Learn more about #Microsoft365 F1, a complete, intelligent solution to empower all workers: http://msft.social/ojRnnB #MSIgnite
- More flavors to the Microsoft 365 line-up: Microsoft 365 Education and Microsoft 365 F1
Available on demand
Have you checked out the session content? What caught your attention about Microsoft 365? Let us know!